CLICK HERE FOR INFORMATION ABOUT SUMMER READING FOR AP AND DC ENGLISH 4!
Education and Certificates
- B.A. in English, 2002, Sam Houston State University
- M.A. in English, 2007, Sam Houston State University
- Texas Education Certification, Secondary English (Grades 6-12)
- 2003 Humble High School 9th Grade Campus, English Teacher
- 2003-present Willis High School, English Teacher
- 2008-present Lone Star College, Adjunct English Faculty
- AP/DC English 4: Periods 1-5 and 7
- Conference: Period 6
- Lunch: B or second half of Wildkat Lunch
- Club day: A or first half of Wildkat Lunch on Thursdays
- Monday, Tuesday, and Friday during A or first half of Wildkat Lunch
- All other times by appointment
WHS English Department Grading, Make-Up, and Late Work Policies
Marking period grades are broken down as follows:
- Daily Grades: 40%
- Major Grades: 60%
Semester grades are broken down as follows:
- Marking Period 1 or 3: 45%
- Marking Period 2 or 4: 45%
- Semester Exam: 10%
Each major assignment is due on the date stated in the rubric for that assignment. If you are absent for any reason on the day a major assignment is due, it is your responsibility to arrange for a parent or friend to bring that assignment to school on the due date. Tests and quizzes missed as the result of an absence must be completed within two weeks of the absence. Failure to do so will result in a permanent zero.
Daily work will not be accepted late. Major assignments will be accepted up to 2 days late for partial credit
- 1 day late = 75% of original score
- 2 days late = 50% of original score
- When major assignments are due on a Friday, the late penalty will be -40% for level students and -50% for students of PAP, AP and DC classes when school resumes after the weekend.
- Due to the nature of some major assignments (essays, writing workshops, etc.), some assignments will not be accepted late. The teacher will notify the students in advance when assignments will not follow the traditional late work policy.
- This policy was created by the WHS English Department to ensure fairness for all students in all English classes. Special circumstances will be considered on a case-by-case basis.