Why did The Recording Academy and GRAMMY Foundation launch this award?
To bring attention to the excellent and impactful work being done by thousands of music teachers across the U.S.
What are the criteria for selection?
Music Educator applicants will be evaluated based on the demonstrated evidence that they:
- Have made a measurable difference in the lives of students.
- Have made a significant and lasting contribution to the field of music education.
- Are exemplars of the best in the field.
- Have shown a commitment to the broader cause of maintaining music education in our schools.
- Have made a significant impact on their school and community.
To learn more, visit: http://www.grammyintheschools.com/programs/grammy-music-educator-award/faq.