Being a Willis Sweetheart Drill Team member has been the highlight of many young ladies’ high school memories. It affords the opportunity for self-development in many areas; goal setting, high standards, morals, maturity, responsibility, dependability, and self-discipline. Members also learn the value of hard work, conformity, and sacrifice.
A Sweetheart must have:
- Dance ability, poise, flexibility, and presentation.
- An outstanding work ethic – being a Sweetheart is a major commitment of time and energy.
- Good grades and a good rapport with the teachers and administrators.
- A flexible schedule and an open calendar –There are commitments during the summer months, weekends, and competition season is very hectic. There are some practices on school holidays. There is never an off- season!
- A positive attitude, be self-motivated, and a sense of teamwork. There is no “I” in “TEAM!!!
- Leadership ability – you will represent Willis High School and our community.
- The ability to follow rules. The Sweethearts are a highly structured organization. The Sweethearts are a successful organization due to its structure and regulations. There are many rules to follow and our expectations/standards are high!
For more information on the Sweethearts, please visit these sites:
Willis.Sweehearts on Instagram